The trackpad on the late MacBooks can track up to 10 or more (!) fingers at once. Fingerpinger is an external object for MaxMSP that we wrote around code from steike.com. It’s an experimental hack… but its fun and its free…
Update: Works with the Magic Trackpad, too!
- fingerpinger2015-11-05: Max external (64bit)
- fingerpinger2010-12-30: Max external | source
- fingerpinger2010-12-30 several instances can connect to different devices, for example you can use two magic trackpads at once
- fingerpinger2010-08-10 with support for the magic trackpad
- fingerpinger2009-06-01initial version
TrackPadSynth is a simple but fun example of what you can do with fingerpinger. It’s a standalone version, you don’t need MaxMSP to try it out…