[ a n y m a | research – blog ]
news from the lab…
IMG_0878

Monday morning Fran├žois arrived with a lot of cables and some gunpowder. He wants to ignite small explosions from his computer via MIDI and make a sort of a pyro-organ. We tried to find ways to construct reusable electrical igniters. First idea was to use sparks, and the whole day he tried different means to […]

IMG_0876

Sunday was not officially part of our research week, but Max was already here and we started working… I did some finishing touches on the videobass amplifier and repaired the second one – a dead Atmega16. I found that I can easily isolate the chip from the rest of the components by sticking some aluminum […]

Categories: Videobass | Add a Comment
Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 5.02.30 PM

Normally I was supposed to bring two of the videbasses to Paris this weekend – but I had to postpone it. Still not completely finished and to make things worse, I destroyed two of the screens by drilling through the led backlight cables. Stupid impatient me… So, while waiting for the replacement cables shipped by […]

Categories: Videobass | Add a Comment
vb359

The process is not photogenic, even Mohammed stopped filming after 2 minutes… Sanding with 60, 80, 120, 180, 220, 320,… until everything is smooth… red oil applied… and a little bit of sanding later:

Categories: Videobass | Add a Comment
vb366

Putting together the videobass neck and its body is not an easy task. The cutouts have to be quite precise and there are odd angles everywhere. The prototype body was too thin, about 35mm, and I cut out almost the whole depth of the neck, so the rest of the body was not really stable. […]